Young Israel of Great Neck
Mazel tov to Joan and Henry Katz, Jamie and Michael Katz and Judy and Brett Blatter on the bar mitzvah of their grandson, nephew and son Eli.
Mazel tov to Helen and Howie Zimmerman, Fran and Bernie Mermelstein, Hannah Flamenbaum and Charlie Segal and Karen and Jason Hammerman on the birth of their grandson, grand nephew and son.
Mazel tov to Fran and Stuie Feintuch, Rosalie and Dave Kamelhar and Rachel and Pinny Cukier on the birth of their grandson, grand nephew and son.
Condolences to Diane Kalter on the loss of her husband, Herbert Kalter.
MISSING - CHELEK VAV OF THE DIRSHU MISHNA BRURA
Someone "borrowed" the Chelek Vav of the Dirshu Mishna Brura. If you have this volume, please return it to the shul library.
SAVE THE DATE - YIGN TV GAME SHOW NIGHT
November 1 (Saturday, 8:30pm) for YIGN's TV GAME SHOW night. It's Name That Tune, Beat The Clock, Jeopardy, Let's Make A Deal and more -- all rolled into 2 hours of fun. Finally, you can prove that you really are smarter and faster than everyone else! Details to follow.
SAVE THE DATE
Shabbat November 15th, for the Young Israel of Great Neck's fourth Bridge the Gap luncheon. It's a great opportunity to meet new members or other community members that you may not have previously gotten to know. Meals will be hosted in members' own homes. Please RSVP at YIGNBTG@gmail.com.
CHEVRA KADISHA OF GREAT NECK SHOMRIM NEEDED
The CHEVRA KADISHA OF GREAT NECK is looking for additional shomrim. This chesed shel emet involves reciting tehillim for a period of 2 hours at a funeral home generally in Great Neck or Queens. If you are interested in joining our group of dedicated volunteers, or for additional information, please email Brenda Parver at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rona Jutkowitz at email@example.com. If you would like to be added to our list, please include your home, work and cell phone numbers.
NORTH SHORE HEBREW ACADEMY OPEN HOUSE
Please join us at our annual North Shore Hebrew Academy Open House, 16 Cherry Lane in Kings Point, Great Neck at 7:00pm on Wednesday, October 29th. Tour our school, meet our administration and Early Childhood teachers. For more information, please call NSHA (516) 487-8687 ext. 156.
SIGN UP NOW - SHAARE ZEDEK CHILDREN'S CHAMPION GAME NIGHT
SHAARE ZEDEK CHILDREN'S CHAMPION EVENT will take place on Saturday night - November 8, 2014 @8:30pm at 404 NYC - 10TH Avenue (between 32/33rd Street). Help us dedicate 4 Infant Stations & a Nurse's Station in the NICU at Shaare Zedek Medical Center! Enjoy a Buffet Dinner, Games, Open Bar, and a Great Night with Friends!! To register, sponsor and buy Raffles www.acsz.org/404 - For more info, contact Sharon Goldwyn 917-287-7334.
ANNUAL CLOTHING SALE
Ann Greenfield is once again eagerly ready to pick up your very good clothing, the proceeds to benefit needy communities in Israel. This sale, kown for its quality clothing, is collecting donations of men's, women's and children's clothing in fine condition: suits, dresses, coats, slacks, separates, hats, shoes and handbags. Try to put clothes on hangers. Also gift items in original packaging would be appreciated. Please call Ann at 516-487-0940 to arrange for pickup time. Ann will give you a tax receipt at time of pickup.
The following donations have been made to the Young Israel of Great Neck:
- Fran and Dave Kalish in memory of Dr. Philip Lerman; In memory of Ariel Newman; In memory of Rosalind Rubin; In memory of Frances Sherman
- Zelda and Sol Berger in memory of Rosalind Rubin; In memory of Frances Sherman; In memory of Dr. Philip Lerman; In memory of Morton Sorkin; In honor of the birth of Helen and Howie Zimmerman's grandson; In memory of the birth of Fran and Stuie Feintuch's grandson
- Mazie and Steve Foss in honor of the birth of Judy and Jerry Weinstein's grandson; In honor of Rina Lewis' bat mitzvah; In honor of the birth of Malka and Isaac Boyarsky's granddaughter
- Judy and Fred Lewis in memory of Dr. Philip Lerman; In memory of Frances Sherman
- Jamie and Michael Katz in memory of Rosalind Rubin
- Beverly and Henry Schachar in memory of Frances Sherman
- Laura and Scott Danoff in memory of Ariel Newman; In memory of Morton Sorkin; In memory of Rosalind Rubin; In memory of Dr. Philip Lerman
- Susan and Ezra Sheena in memory of Ariel Newman
- Adele and Azriel Genachowski in memory of Rosalind Rubin
- Miriam and Gil Ellenberg in memory of Frances Sherman
- Rabbi Meir Mitelman in memory of Frances Sherman; In memory of Dr. Philip Lerman; In memory of Herbert Kalter
- Lisa and Eli Schilowitz in memory of Dr. Philip Lerman; In memory of Frances Sherman; In memory of Herbert Kalter
- Rina and Yossi Weisberg in memory of Herbert Kalter
- Mitchell Heineman in memory of Ariel Newman
- Andrew Johnson in memory of Ariel Newman
- Nadine Eckstein in memory of Herbert Kalter; On the occasion of the yahrzeit of Herbert Eckstein
- Anita and Hal Beretz in memory of Herbert Kalter; In memory of Nicholas Brecher
- Frieda and Morris Lewinter in honor of the birth of Helen and Howie Zimmerman's grandson; In memory of Herbert Kalter
The Young Israel of Great Neck is proud to announce its participation in the community-wide Shabbos Project, October 24th and 25th.
Beginning last year in South Africa and now with over 212 cities and 33 countries participating, the Shabbos Project is an effort to have every Jewish person in the world—secular, Reform, Conservative, Orthodox and unaffiliated—join in the observance of one Shabbos together this coming October 24th and 25th (Parshat Noach). In Great Neck at least 22 synagogues from every denomination are “keeping it together.”
See the flyer below for information about the Thursday night challah baking, Friday night communal dinner and oneg, Shabbos morning explanatory service, Saturday night concert and other activities. Check the website, www.greatneckshabbatproject.
TV Game Show Night - Saturday November 1
Save the date for the Young Israel of Great Neck's first TV Game Show Night motzai shabbos November 1 at 8:30 PM at YIGN.
The YIGN is a Modern Orthodox synagogue that was founded by six visionary families. They dreamed of a participatory minyan that would be welcoming to all. After multiple small temporary locations, we moved to our present, beautiful facility at 236 Middle Neck Road in Great Neck, New York. We are privileged to inhabit a newly constructed Beit Midrash and classroom building, as well as a full sized gym. Read more