Chevra Kadisha - Young Israel of Great Neck
The Chevra Kadisha of Great Neck provides invaluable services to member families of the Young Israel of Great Neck at times of bereavement.
The Chevra recognizes that at the time of death the family is under tremendous emotional stress and may find themselves unprepared to handle the detailed arrangements of a funeral and burial. The Chevra Kadisha can arrange every detail of the funeral, burial, and shiva, including, but not limited to the following:
- Immediate transfer of the deceased within the area to the funeral chapel of choice. If the deceased is out of town, we will arrange for transport up to the New York area.
- Shmira – Watching over the Guf (Body) from the time of death until the Levayah.
- Tahara – The ritual purification of the body and proper dressing of the Meis.
- The services of our own Rabbi Ismach.
- The availability of cemetery plot purchase at Beth Moses cemetery in Farmingdale, NY.
- Set up of the home for Shiva – Including the covering of mirrors, delivery of Shiva Chairs, arrangement for the Suedas Havraah (Meal of consolation) as well as daily Minyanim.
IN CASES OF EMERGENCY – CALL EITHER:
Rabbi Shmuel Ismach
Shul Office: 516-829-6040